I do not directly bill insurance for therapeutic services. However, I am considered an “out of network provider” and I can provide you with a detailed invoice called a “Superbill” that you can submit to your insurance company for potential reimbursement. Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services. I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Can I be reimbursed for therapy sessions with an out-of-network provider? If so, what amount?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
- What is the process for submitting the Superbill?